I know I haven't been around much lately but things happen in life and you have to prioritise don't you. My father had a stroke on 12th December, my husband developed another lump and has had visits to hospital, Ofsted visit looming at work, daughter visited the optician for regular eye test and a shadow has been found behind her eye and on it goes.
The new windows have been ordered, the new suite has been ordered, new radiator has been ordered, the guttering has been repaired. Now only need to get the leak from the shower through to the kitchen sorted, and finally arrange the decorating.
So the last few months have been hectic to say the least.
Anyway, today I have made some time for myself, to help get my rather high blood pressure reading down and I have been surprised at my creativity.
First of all I made two tea cup boxes from the new House of Zandra Fabulous Tea and Cakes CD Rom and then I made a mother's day card for a colleague at work. Unfortunately my mum is no longer around so making this was rather bitter sweet, but as the years go by it does get easier.
Here are my makes for today:
The Mother's Day card was made using the following ingredients
- Sue Wilson Beaded Fanfare embossing folder
- Teal Ribbon from stash
- Rococo Bow from Tonic Studios
- Bow centrepiece from Creations by Chloe
- Base cut using Spellbinders Grande Squares
- Sentiment cut using Spellbinder Floral Ovals and embossed using Stampendous Kaleidoscope embossing powder
- Corner pearls from Dreamees collection